How to get the list of all Bamboo agents via REST

How can I get the list of all Bamboo agents via REST?

I need it for several automated reports, monitoring, etc.

I've seen the ages-api, but as far as I can see it does not provide the list of agents.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

REST API Documentation Status

The Bamboo REST API guide is a bit confusing/misleading currently, insofar the Bamboo REST resources reference guide linked from the Getting Started section is incomplete/outdated. The current REST API documentation is only referred to from an info tip on that page in turn:

API reference for your Bamboo version is the recommended source of information on Bamboo REST APIs.

Agents Resource

As per the resp. Bamboo 5.10.3 REST API Documentation, a GET on the /agent resource provides a list of all agents:

Use query parameter "online = true/false" to filter only online agents.

Thanks, that's exactly what I need, with the exception I'm still on Bamboo 5.7.2. Do you know what release added this funtionality? Can't see it in the Release Notes

Good question - briefly checking the available REST API versions suggests that this has indeed just been added to the Bamboo 5.10.2 API recently, i.e. previous versions still lack the /agent resource, surprisingly.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 4 hours ago in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

11 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you