• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I get bamboo server to detect remote agent custom capabilities?

Our 6.2.3 version bamboo server has a configuration of multiple remote servers.  On one of the remote servers we have added custom capabilities.  However when we go to a build plan and at the custom capability as a requirement of the build plan, bamboo indicates that no agent has the capability.

e.g. On remote server we add custom capability name: TestServer value:true

On the build plan we add the TestServer capability with a value of true

And still get an indication that no agent exists with that capability

Oddly when we also add the exe path for the tester as a command capability that doesn't work either.  

2 answers

0 votes
Omar Herrera Community Leader Mar 02, 2018

Are you using ui? or bamboo specs?

If you added the custom capability on the server it don't need detect any new value.

I've added the custom capability through the UI.

I didn't quite understand this statement.  Are you saying that if I add custom capability through the UI that it won't be detected?  So this means I need to add capabilities through the bamboo spec?  Is bamboo spec a properties file?

I assume this is a bug that will be fixed?  Is it being worked on?

Thanks

0 votes
rsperafico Atlassian Team Mar 08, 2018

Hello @ksondere,

Regarding on your custom and command capability, could you please review if you have dedicated any agent to the PROJECT, PLAN or JOB you have added the Requirement?

For instance, lets say you have two agents (agentA and agentB) and you want to build from PROJ-PLAN-JOB1.

The "agentA" has been dedicated to PROJ-PLAN (it does not matter how it has been dedicated for this example, it could be PROJECT, PLAN or JOB.

The "agentB" is where the custom and/or command capability was added.

By going to PROJ-PLAN-JOB1 and editing Requirements, if you add any capability from "agentB", no agent will be able to build.

Please, review if this is the scenario you are experiencing.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

703 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you