Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during configuring details of the mail server in bamboo.

Ranjith_R June 5, 2020

Error :

The mail settings you entered were not valid. Error thrown was: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: smtp.gmail.com, 25; timeout 10000; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out.

I'm using below link provided by atlassian for configuration :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/configuring-bamboo-to-send-smtp-email-289276984.html

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2020

That really does mean what it says - the email server is not contactable by the bamboo system.  You'll need to debug the connection between the two servers.

sushmita bhandari June 6, 2020

hi , i'm also facing same issue . do you have idea why that issue is appearing i have followed the document from atlassian 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2020

Because your email server is not reachable from the bamboo system.  You will need to debug the network connection.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events