Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic plan branches not creating

jethro larson August 20, 2018

We've got bamboo and bitbucket hooked up at work and I turned on the plan branches feature and created a PR. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 5.44.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-20 at 5.47.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 5.50.36 PM.pngI've seen the build indicator in bitbucket when a build is manually run and bamboo can find the branches manually so they seem to be aware of each other but the plan branch never gets created.

Any ideas?

jethro

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Rzadzki August 21, 2023

I'm encountering this same thing in 2023. The plan branch is simply not created, although the branch exists in Bitbucket and the plan is configured to create plan branches automatically. This dead conversation does not boost my confidence.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2018

There is a delay before the branch is detected. See Global settings - branch detection interval under https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/using-plan-branches-289276872.html#Usingplanbranches-Automaticbranchmanagement.

Is that the case?

I checked the settings and it's at the default of 300 seconds, but I've waited hours with no change.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2018

Can you check the Bamboo and Bitbucket logs to see if you see any errors?

I'll reach out to the admin and see.

jethro larson August 21, 2018

We were not able to identify anything that looks like an error.

jethro larson September 13, 2018

No one has ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events