Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only custom page templates available when using Create page in Confluence automation action?

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

Hello, I'm testing out the new automation action "Create page in Confluence". In the "Template" dropdown field, only our custom page templates are available to select.

Is it not possible to select the built-in Atlassian page templates? Has this feature been designed so only custom page templates can be used?

I have org/site admin permissions for our Atlassian org and site, I've confirmed I have the required Space permissions, and there are no page restrictions placed on the parent page I chose.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Harding
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2022

Hi all,

Unfortunately at this time, only the custom templates are available in the template picker for the create page action.

I have raised an improvement for this here https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-2437

Cheers
Sam

Stefan Prelle August 17, 2022

Great. Thank you.

Like Sam Harding likes this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Thanks @Sam Harding I feared that would be the answer.

Like Sam Harding likes this
Sadaf Mufti _105601_ April 18, 2024

hello @Sam Harding I am afraid that the feature is not even showing all custom templates list. I am automating release notes creation when a version is released but it does not populate the custom template we have built for selecting as page template.

Is this a bug? pleas explain.

0 votes
Kevin Christmann March 28, 2024

I seem to have the opposite issue. I can see all the default ones but not the one custom one I need.

0 votes
Alex Lovett November 9, 2023

weirdly i can only see the non-custom templates not the custom one i want to use

scratch that i can see all of them

0 votes
Stefan Prelle August 16, 2022

I am experiencing the same problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events