Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration of one confluence space from DC to Cloud

NEGAR JALALIAN April 21, 2022

Hi 

we have migrated most of our spaces to cloud (done by Atlassian partner) 

there is only one space left to be moved . which I need to do it myself

there are around 20 users in this space which some of them already are part of the cloud but with different username . that's not a big issue if they don't see their activities in the space that was moved . all that is important is the space to be moved to cloud and they get access .. they are mainly supposed to be reader of the space and some can do some changes 

can you guide me from where should I start this ?

(apologies if it is too simple question for the expertise in this community )

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
James Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2022

Hi @NEGAR JALALIAN

As you only have one space left, it's best to update the email addressed of the users in server before the migration to match what they will be in cloud.

When the migration runs, the migration will match those with the existing users in cloud.

Regards,
James.

1 vote
Piyush A (STR)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Hi,

Generally, as when you migrate the single space to cloud (all by yourself) then it looks for the email ID associated with user not the user name.  
This case - you can go ahead and migrate that single space to you cloud and users in it will automatically mapped to the cloud account by email id  (Not by user id).

And related to the permissions - I believe the permission for the space is already there, hence that would be copied over too.

NEGAR JALALIAN April 21, 2022

email address are different. but that's not my issue for now infact.. they will get new login access anyhow. but I wanted to make sure how to do it .. via import ? or through any migration assistant ?

Derek White April 21, 2022

I would always lean towards using the CCMA.

If the space uses Apps that need migrated along with the data, then using the CCMA is the only proper option.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events