Sandboxes and Plugins

Ellis McMahon May 20, 2021

Good Morning, 

We are unsure if plugin updates also get bundled in release tracks and can be tested in our sanbox area?

For example we use Comala Document Management, are updates pushed to us or are they bundled with Atlassian product updates?

Kind Regards,

Ellis 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

I believe that release tracks only apply to Atlassian; marketplace apps follow their own schedule and push updates as they feel fit.

This will also vary per app vendor, so it's best to reach out to each vendor directly.

Ellis McMahon May 24, 2021

We spoke with one vendor and they said that

"based on to the way in which the Atlassian Cloud works, we are unable to control how your marketplace apps are updated."

I took the above that Atlassian are controlling all releases however it does state in the manage product sandboxes that third party apps are not supported in sandboxes.  (https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-sandboxes/).

I think clarification from Atlassian would be good, as are all marketplace apps considered third party? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events