Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrations Month is back!

Summer is just around the corner! With the weather easing up, we’re all beginning to a little feel refreshed while looking forward to summer travel and time outside with family and friends.

While you gear up for your journeys to the beach, or to the cloud, we’re here to help you plan your trip this Migrations Month with a jam-packed May full of new migration resources and travel-themed swag giveaways! The silver lining of being able to plan travel while still meeting deadlines has not been lost on me.

This May, the Atlassian Community is celebrating Migrations Month to help those who haven’t yet made the leap to the cloud. Join us for our cloud learning events, additional migration resources, swag giveaways, and more as we help global teams join the future of teamwork.

Why is May Migrations Month?

As you’ve likely heard, Atlassian will be ending support for Server in February 2024 (9 short months from now!). For those still unsure about the transition, it should be mentioned that your cloud migration can take 9+ months to strategize and execute – meaning May is the time to begin planning. Our team is dedicated to helping your company achieve a successful migration. All month long, we’ll be sharing new cloud migration resources in the community to help you plan your journey!

By taking the trip, you’ll understand why global enterprises like Dish Wireless, Redfin, Nextiva, as well as many others, have all made the move to Atlassian Cloud. Read on for the new resources coming out this month!

Virtual Events

The Atlassian Community has three great upcoming events for the cloud-curious. Learn from the experts and customers who’ve already made the leap to get the inside scoop on how to strategize for a smooth transition.

• Forrester Webinar: Boost data protection with cloud shared responsibility – View our on-demand webinar to learn more about new shared responsibility approaches that can help support your cloud migration journey.

• Live Cloud Migrations Demo (May 17, 10:00 am PST / 4:00 pm CEST) – Join our demo with live chat Q&A to deep dive into how to successfully migrate to Atlassian Cloud, including best practices and more free resources to use along the way.

• AMA with Dave Meyer, Product Team Leader – Participate in our Ask Me Anything with Dave Meyer, Head of Product for Enterprise Trust! Ask away, as we will be taking submissions now through May 19th. Dave will be answering questions live in the Community on May 31st.

Travel-Themed Giveaways

It’s our job at Atlassian to help you execute a seamless migration, but we believe all journeys should be smooth, fulfilling – and fun! This Migration Month, we’re giving away swag that will help bring a little joy to your summer travels.*

*Swag available for US shipping only. Note: If selected as a winner, you will receive an email from our swag partner, atlassian@bravobranding.com to claim your prize!

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 9.44.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 9.44.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 9.44.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 9.44.21 PM.png

Migrations Month Badge

May Migrations Month Badge 2023.png

Finally, what’s a celebration without a prize?! Earn the Countdown to Cloud badge when you:

• Like 4 of the Migrations Month posts on the online community, and

• Comment on any 2 of the Migrations Month posts on the online community

• Bonus: Ask one of the best questions in the AMA for a chance to receive extra kudos!

I don’t know about you but if I spent a whole month working remotely at any location, I would be in Amsterdam or Paris. Lots of exciting things to explore and can easily travel to other European countries/cities. Where would you go?

Don’t forget to chime in and learn from others in our Community discussion. Your input means the world to us!

6 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

This is awesome!  Looking forward to everything coming up this month!

Like # people like this
Ken McClean
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2023

Shame about the US-only shipping for swag, but I'm still looking foward to the discussions

Like # people like this
Tom Whittle May 9, 2023

I would definitely go for Amsterdam for a workcation. Amazing travel around the city and the bonus that we have an office there to see some of the team.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Very exciting, got my head in the Cloud.

Like # people like this
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2023

The Forrestor Report was quite insightful; one aspect to this was the Zero Trust initiative that it covers. ZT covers my approach to how I set up and config my Atlassian instances as much as possible. 

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2023

Migration is still on my to do list.

Let's see if I need the 9 months for planning and migration ;)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events