Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Migration without users (or a subset)?

Hey,

will there be a possibility soon to migrate projects to Cloud either without users or only with a selected number of users?

If there is a customer who first wants to migrate e.g. 70 users and not all 2000 users, this causes a problem.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hey @Kristijan Luburic [venITure] !

We do have a feature request to migrate only users & groups relevant to the projects you've selected to migrate, do you think this will help you?

We can't commit to the time when this is implemented, but please make sure to vote & watch https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/MIG-141 to stay in the loop with this specific feature updates!

Cheers,

Ramona

Atlassian Migration team

Hi @Kristijan Luburic [venITure] ,

I got the same question from one of your colleagues through another channel so will reshare what I wrote there regarding this feature.

Like Maren likes this

If I want to migrate one project from a Jira cloud instance, to a new Jira cloud instance and I only want the users associated with that specific project, is there a way to do that? I believe the above method is only for Jira server to cloud migrations.

Swarna Mehta Atlassian Team Feb 06, 2022

Hi @Evan Bond !

Thanks for your question. Currently, for migrations between cloud instances, we do not support users and groups scoped only to the projects that are selected.

We understand that this causes significant customer pain and building support for scoped users and groups is high on our priority list.

We expect to start work on this by end of next quarter. It is likely to be included in our updates as we add cloud to cloud migrations to our public roadmap by end of next quarter too.

In case you have any feedback as we build this feature, do write to me on smehta2@atlassian.com

Best,
Swarna Mehta
Product Manager, Cloud to Cloud Migrations

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events