How does the Configuration Manager app compare to the Jira migration assistant?

Jean Dupree May 17, 2022

I saw a post that mentioned Configuration Manager as a tool for migrating Jira to the cloud and was curious about how it stacks up against the free tool. 

Has anyone tried this?  

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
NEGAR JALALIAN May 17, 2022

hi Jean , I used configuration manager for Server to server.

my next step was from server to cloud but this app hasn't been developed for server to cloud.

we used  JCMA and it worked perfectly good . 

our migration was done Jan 2022 .. might be some more development from then .. 

0 votes
Jordan Chitwood
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hi Jean! It would be Atlassian recommendation to use JCMA. But you can take a look at others who have tagged posts about this to see their success (Community Posts)

Jordan Chitwood
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hi Jean! Additional information from the team. Configuration Manager is mainly for server to server or server to data center migrations. That app really helps simplify the process of moving data from one Jira to another.  But JCMA is specifically designed for server or DC to cloud migrations.

Jean Dupree May 18, 2022

Hi Jordan,

Thanks but I'm trying to get through a lot of things and I can't find a way through.  Like I want to move my boards and filters and the tool just doesn't do it.  Someone once told me to use a dark feature but that sounds like it wouldn't be safe or supported.  I tried asking a guy on Reddit but he never got back to me.

The other thing I'm worried about are fields that have values that don't migrate.  I saw something about making a CSV - how does that work? 

Jordan Chitwood
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2022

Hi Jean,

Yes, there is a dark feature that is currently not working. It is expected that the June release of JCMA will contain the ability to migrate boards and features. If you have over 250 users I would recommend you opening a ticket with migration support for additional guidance. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events