Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do user-installed apps need to be renewed?

PARISSE Nicolas March 23, 2023

Hello,
On my on-premise Jira server used to test migration to cloud, I've got 5 user-installed apps that have to be renewed.
How is this handled by Migration Assistant?

Regards.
Nicolas

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Girish_Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi @PARISSE Nicolas 

Jira Cloud Migration Assistant tool does not migrate any 3rd party apps. you will have to check with individual vendors if they have a migration pathway. As of today, many major plugin vendors in the marketplace have a migration pathway. Raising support reuest with vendors can also be helpful so they can provide you the documentation and assistance required to migrate app data to cloud. Let me know if you need any help on this.

0 votes
Derek White March 23, 2023

The migration assistant does not care about the local version of Apps. It will gladly migrate, send off the data to the vendor, and let the vendor's process fail, resulting in you having to repeat the migration from scratch.

I recommend checking the vendor's Migration pathway documentation (link on Marketplace listing), as some require the latest Server/DC version, while others do not. It all depends on their migration needs and process (Atlassian passes this off to them).

Derek White March 23, 2023

If you have a Cloud quote/estimate/license, vendors will usually give you a local license key to get you through your migration.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events