• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Server to cloud migration fails with validation error

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate our server to cloud. Even a very simple project with only 4 issues fails. In the migration log, I see this:

2021-01-19 16:21:36.684 ERROR IB project-import We couldn't import Custom Field Config Scheme 'Standardkonfigurationsschema für Story-Punkte'. Reason: Custom field 10106 is not found.
2021-01-19 16:21:35.940 ERROR IB project-import We couldn't import Issue Type 'Aufgabe '. Reason: IllegalArgumentException: Validation error: {IssueType=Ein Verknüpfungstyp mit diesem Namen existiert bereits.}. This caused 19 other items to fail.

The first error is somehow related to the story points. I would be okay with not migrating them and then updating them with csv.

The second error seems to block the whole migration, but I have no idea what it is referring to.

Any tips what I can do to migrate sucessfully?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Okay, so I found the problem. I had a subtask (Unteraufgabe) with the name "Aufgabe ". That caused the issue. I renamed the subtask and the migration is working. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Cloud Migration

Join one of our 6 early access programs for migration tooling

Hi Community, I’m Partha, the Head of Cloud Migrations at Atlassian. We are committed to making it as easy as possible for our customers to move to cloud and have been actively investing in our clo...

683 views 1 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you