It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Pre/Post checks i need to make before migrating data from production to staging insatnce instance

Hi All,

I am new to Atlassian Cloud environment and I am planning to migrate Jira Cloud data + attachments from production to staging instance in cloud environment, i would like to know what are the pre-checks i need to take care before i start migratioon and post checks after migration.

I have got the import and export details from atlassian documentation, let me know if need to know anything apart from these steps.

Best Regards,

Vinod

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Vinod_Honnalli !

One good article to check, if you haven't already, is this article that has all the pre-checks and best practices for your Jira migration, the article is focused on a server to cloud migration, but the best practices will also apply to a cloud to cloud migration!

For the Pre-checks - as you are exporting a cloud backup, this will be compatible with your staging instance, the only thing to consider is that this method will overwrite any existing Jira data on the staging site.

If the staging site is on a Free plan, or a paid site with a limited number of users, you might run into this known limitation: JRACLOUD-73069 - Could not merge users with existing ones since it exceeds license count

Regarding Post-checks - I'll recommend checking our REST API calls and run the specific APIs to export the total number of projects/issues/custom fields/workflows and comparing those with the production site.

Cheers!

Ramona 

Atlassian team

Hi Ramona,

Thank you for responding to this ticket.

The links you provided are really helpful. :)

Regards,

Vinod

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Cloud Migration

We want to hear from you about the server to cloud migration experience!

Hello! We are developing new set of features for the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant and Jira Cloud Migration Assistant and we’d like to invite our valued Atlassian Community members to help p...

442 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you