Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre/Post checks i need to make before migrating data from production to staging insatnce instance

Vinod Honnalli June 28, 2020

Hi All,

I am new to Atlassian Cloud environment and I am planning to migrate Jira Cloud data + attachments from production to staging instance in cloud environment, i would like to know what are the pre-checks i need to take care before i start migratioon and post checks after migration.

I have got the import and export details from atlassian documentation, let me know if need to know anything apart from these steps.

Best Regards,

Vinod

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramona Scripcaru
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2020

Hi @Vinod Honnalli !

One good article to check, if you haven't already, is this article that has all the pre-checks and best practices for your Jira migration, the article is focused on a server to cloud migration, but the best practices will also apply to a cloud to cloud migration!

For the Pre-checks - as you are exporting a cloud backup, this will be compatible with your staging instance, the only thing to consider is that this method will overwrite any existing Jira data on the staging site.

If the staging site is on a Free plan, or a paid site with a limited number of users, you might run into this known limitation: JRACLOUD-73069 - Could not merge users with existing ones since it exceeds license count

Regarding Post-checks - I'll recommend checking our REST API calls and run the specific APIs to export the total number of projects/issues/custom fields/workflows and comparing those with the production site.

Cheers!

Ramona 

Atlassian team

Vinod Honnalli July 1, 2020

Hi Ramona,

Thank you for responding to this ticket.

The links you provided are really helpful. :)

Regards,

Vinod

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events