Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration without users (or a subset)?

Kristijan Luburic [venITure] March 28, 2020

Hey,

will there be a possibility soon to migrate projects to Cloud either without users or only with a selected number of users?

If there is a customer who first wants to migrate e.g. 70 users and not all 2000 users, this causes a problem.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramona Scripcaru
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2020

Hey @Kristijan Luburic [venITure] !

We do have a feature request to migrate only users & groups relevant to the projects you've selected to migrate, do you think this will help you?

We can't commit to the time when this is implemented, but please make sure to vote & watch https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/MIG-141 to stay in the loop with this specific feature updates!

Cheers,

Ramona

Atlassian Migration team

Jason Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2020

Hi @Kristijan Luburic [venITure] ,

I got the same question from one of your colleagues through another channel so will reshare what I wrote there regarding this feature.

Like Maren likes this
Evan Bond February 3, 2022

If I want to migrate one project from a Jira cloud instance, to a new Jira cloud instance and I only want the users associated with that specific project, is there a way to do that? I believe the above method is only for Jira server to cloud migrations.

Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2022

Hi @Evan Bond !

Thanks for your question. Currently, for migrations between cloud instances, we do not support users and groups scoped only to the projects that are selected.

We understand that this causes significant customer pain and building support for scoped users and groups is high on our priority list.

We expect to start work on this by end of next quarter. It is likely to be included in our updates as we add cloud to cloud migrations to our public roadmap by end of next quarter too.

In case you have any feedback as we build this feature, do write to me on smehta2@atlassian.com

Best,
Swarna Mehta
Product Manager, Cloud to Cloud Migrations

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events