Is there an alternative to using Quickstart when migrating BitBucket Datacenter to AWS?

Alexander Garcia November 14, 2019

Is there an alternative to using Quickstart when migrating BitBucket Datacenter to AWS?  The docs I've seen so far only mention using Quickstart.  We are going to rebuild our prod environment in parallel to our existing on-prem instead of a "lift-and-shift" (we tried that before in our QA environment and it was messy...mostly security/firewall issues but that's a discussion for another time) 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Emily Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Alexander Garcia ! I'm Emily, a product manager at Atlassian.

We've just built the beta of a solution to help ease migrations from Server/Data-Center-on-prem to Data-Center-on-AWS-Quickstarts.

Would you be interested to join our beta program and try out this solution? If you're interested, or would like to find out more, please email me at echan@atlassian.com. 

0 votes
Alexander Garcia November 14, 2019

I guess the real question is ... are there anything that would prevent me from successfully installing bitbucket in AWS using the same install instructions I use on-prem?  Bamboo mentions there are no special prerequisites or configurations required in AWS, does the same apply to jira, confluence, and bitbucket? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events