Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering Atlassian workspace

Data Khoj May 13, 2021

Hi there!
I am new to atlassian. Thus I am hoping for genuine support from it's community,

Problem:

I created an atlassian account using a gmail account which was handled by a family link. Also I created a workspace "datakhoj.atlassian.net". However, when I tried getting back to the same workspace through the same family-linked gmail account, google did not authorize me.

After researching a bit, I found out that, the problem is due to family linked google account. Atlassian seems to not authorize such family-linked google accounts. If so, Atlassian should not have let me create the account in the first place.

However I want to link the same workspace "datakhoj.atlassian.net" to my alternative google account. 

Is there any way I can do that??

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Atlassian has no problem with family linked accounts, they look like google accounts to it.

To sort this out, go to the admin pages for your site - log into https://admin.atlassian.com with the account that created your Cloud site - you should be able to add new users there, and then name them as site admins (making them "owners" of whatever systems you have there), and kill off any accounts you don't want to be owners any more.

Data Khoj May 14, 2021

Thank you so much for your reply!

However, I am not even able to sign in to Atlassian through my admin google account which is a family linked google account. If I could sign in from the admin account, I could have changed the owner of the site, like as you have mentioned.
3.png

It was working all fine before. I was receiving all notifications from Atlassian as you can see in the screenshot below. IDK what went wrong now, I am not authorized to sign in to Atlassian!

4.png

I am hoping for kind help from the community.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2021

Hmm.  I didn't know you couldn't use family-managed accounts for admin.

However, I also can't sign up for a Cloud Jira with one, so I suspect your Jira was created with a different account, and that's the one you'd need to log into admin with.

If that's not the case, there's not a lot we can do, we'd need Atlassian to change the ownership of your systems over to an Atlassian account that is set up with a normal email address.

Do you have another Atlassian account you could nominate for ownership?  Or could you create one and then raise a support request with it?

Data Khoj May 15, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thank you so much for your reply!

It was my family managed Gmail account which I used to create respective Atlassian account.(which is now not authorized to sign in to the same created account)

And YES I have another Atlassian account which I would like to nominate for ownership. This same account which I am now using to get support from you would be the account which I would nominate.

What should I do now? Can you please navigate me through this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2021

First, log into admin.atlassian.com with the account you are using here.  Just to check what you can and cannot do with it.

Next, is to raise a support request (with the account you are using here) over at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ explaining the problem, and giving the url to your Cloud system plus something that identifies the google account that can't take ownership.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events