Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change user account email

Urmo Luts September 14, 2021

Hi

Tomorrow will be my last day in one company and i like to move my profile with Atlassian University etc things to new account. Is it possible to to this? I lost my last account with company change and now i like to not lose.

Is it possible some how because right now it does not allow to change email address:

Your email change request could not be processed because xxxx@xxxx.xx is already associated with another Atlassian account.

I tryd with another new created account and still same problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

This might be a merge rather than a change, but let's look at the process of changing the company account to a new email:

On the "new" Atlassian account, the xxxx@xxxx.xx do you have anything you need to keep?  Or did you set it up purely with the intention of moving the old company account over to it?

If you do not have anything there, then the easiest thing to do would be delete it, then you'll be able to change the email address on the old one. 

However, the delete can take a while before it fully disassociates the email address, so this is something you'd need to allow a couple of days to do.

It would be easier and safer to 

• Set up a new email for yourself (or even an alias if you've got gmail - you can do stuff like nic@gmail.com and nic+alias@gmail.com - mails to either of them both land in the inbox of nic@gmail.com)
  • Swap the xxxx@xxxx.xx account to use the new email address
  • Give it a few minutes to get the updates made (Last time I did this, it was an hour before I started getting email on the new address from the account I changed, but most of that wait could have been down to me going to lunch 5 minutes after making the change)
  • Now you should be able to change your company address to xxxx@xxxx.xx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events