Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verifying domains

Manali_Bera April 20, 2020

I have created my own domain while taking the free trial in Atlassian cloud. While verifying the domains using DNS, it is suggesting me to copy the TXT record to the DNS host of the domain I want to verify which I am unaware of. 

Also, while verifying through HTTPs, it is asking me to upload the HTML file available there to my domain webserver which I am not able to.

Please help me in the above two scenarios.

Regards,

Manali

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hi @Manali_Bera ,

Domain verification is intended to allow you to manage accounts of the users within your company. If you have signed up for a free trial of Atlassian Cloud, you do need need to verify the URL of your Atlassian Cloud instance. Domain verification is for your company's domain.

So if you used your manali@example.com email address to sign up for manali-test.atlassian.net, the domain you would potentially verify is "example.com", not "manali-test.atlassian.net". If you verified "example.com", it would allow you to administer all other Atlassian users with email addresses that end with @example.com

The introduction of the documentation explains this in more detail: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/verify-a-domain-for-your-organization-873871234.html

Cheers,

Dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events