Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -Apologies, start.atlassian.com doesn't work on your browser.

Kousalya June 12, 2021

Hi. I downloaded the source tree app and trying to configure it for first time  but for Atlassian log in am getting error page "

Apologies, start.atlassian.com doesn't work on your browser"

The email id I am using for Atlassian login was verified. 

Please someone help me if you know how to resolve it. 

5 answers

0 votes
Kevin Malm July 24, 2021

Same problem, first run of source tree, it wants you to login "once", I use and succeed logging in and get this nonsense in the dialog that is is using for login:

2021-07-25_01-27-44-screenshot.jpg   

Went to the log file page, headed to the location and there is no log file created yet.

It does give you two choices before getting to this error.  If you choose use an existing account you end up here.  

If you choose Go to My Atlassian you end up logging and and landing on a page which is 404.  This one:   https://my.atlassian.com/license/sourcetree 

What a mess.  Love my Jira and Confluence but this is epic fail.

I'll add, it leave you stuck here in the process: 

2021-07-25_01-40-59-screenshot.jpg  

Gökhan Demirel August 10, 2021

I have the same problem as Kevin Malm is there no solution ?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2021

Something that was reported to help in some cases was to check local firewall preventing access to the outside but also a reinstall of Source Tree.

Just assuming you get the issue with Source Tree but not directly in browser.

Kevin Malm August 21, 2021

Uninstalled. 

Went to web and downloaded current windows version.  I will note I now downloaded SourceTreeSetup-3.4.5.exe  whereas before I downloaded SourceTreeSetup-1.10.15.4.exe.    Obviously quite different.

This time the app looks completely different and it is working well so far.  Haven't done much but connected to bbucket, github and gitlab. 

Not seeing any of the hassles I'd seen before.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2021

Interesting, so probably the SourceTreeSetup-1.10.15.4.exe was an old(er) version or a different product - it just does not want to fit into the 3.x.x version scheme.
Good to hear the situation now looks better! Well done!

0 votes
Jane Doe July 16, 2021

I have the same problem. Downloaded SourceTree today. Installation went okay but after the first launch at step 3 - "Atlassian account" when I select "Use an existing account" a popup shows up and after I log in I get the "start atlassian com doesnt work on your browser" message.

Any suggestions?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2021

Could you also please have a look into logfiles (better described here) like I suggested to @Andreas Bank previously?
Hopefully there is some hint which applies to both of you and gives some clue why the connection is not made successfully.

0 votes
ms48083 July 6, 2021

Same problem, looks like new update doesn't refresh shortcuts or leaves old version available.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2021

Could you please describe the steps more in detail which you take and where the error is presented?
From the previous poster's question it did not came out clear if it is related to a browser and/or Source Tree (he mentioned source tree app).

Thanks in advance!

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2021

@Kousalya
Could you probably show a screenshot?

So SourceTree is meanwhile installed and you are trying to navigate to start.atlassian.com from your browser? Or do you try it somehow from within SourceTree?

Is there anything special to do on start.atlassian.com? Normally it is a dashboard where you can jump to several (cloud) sites you probably have.

Andreas Bank July 13, 2021

sourcetree_error.pngScreenshot of the error. Happens right after I enter my Atlassian credentials and press "sign in".

If I manually enter start.atlassian.com in my browser (Firefox) it then it works. But I suspect this error is related to SourceTree using an unsupported browsing plugin or it not sending any client info when doing this step.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2021

Have you had the chance to look into logfiles of SourceTree the moment you try to open it?
Hopefully there is some hint why it is not able to load that page.

Infos on how to look into logs for SourceTree you can find here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/sourcetree-logfile-location-675384748.html

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2021

Hi! 

Could you reproduce in incognito mode ?

Kousalya June 15, 2021

I tried now. But it doesn't help.

Please suggest me any other workaround.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events