Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates due configuration?

andy.johnston April 17, 2024

Hey everyone, new here, setting up an Atlas site on a new Jira software instance.

I looked for this, but couldn't find it - and searched this board but also came up short.

Status Update Frequency?  Atlas requires an update every Friday.   Is there a way I can configure the status update frequency to align with the sprints? (every two weeks?)  or even longer if I have a large program of work which is running all yeah the Program lead may only give a status update monthly to the SteerCo.  (even if it was two weeks for everything we could manage that)

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vernon Laquindanum
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2024

Hey @andy_johnston

Jeff is correct. Currently, there isn't any configurability around a custom update cadence, but this is a request and feedback we hear very often. We're looking into the best way to apply this customizability and all the implications of how it'd work with reminders, product functionality, etc. I've added your feedback to our ideas board, since knowing how many people are looking for this feature is helpful when it comes to prioritizing work.

While still not perfect, you may be able to model larger programs of work using a combination of goals and sub-goals since these are only updated once per month (reminders on the 1st of the month, updates shared a week later on the 8th). You can find out more in this article.

Thanks again for your feedback—hope this helps!

andy.johnston April 22, 2024

Hey @Vernon Laquindanum - another quick question on this - do you know of a way to turn off the Status Updates component to Atlas if we are going to focus initially entirely on monthly Goals?

My assumption here is no, but I thought it worth asking if the individual components can be enabled or disabled depending on usecase?

Goals look like how we'll start at least, but everything focuses on the status updates.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Hoover April 18, 2024

From what I have seen, no.  That isn't something Atlassian lets us configure.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events