Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAT and Regression Testing - 2 week sprint

Crystal Lemming
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 3, 2019

We have a 2 week sprint model wherein development and QA testing is completed in the same sprint. Sprint regression and UAT testing start after the end of the sprint. How do you view these stages of a story in Jira since they take place in a different sprint? For example, do you set UAT and Regression as the first columns on your board and roll all items to the next sprint? - or have a different board? I need a way to view the entire life cycle of a story.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hi @Crystal Lemming 

We use 2 boards, the first up until passed in Dev QA, then the second for UAT and Live testing.

See the screenshots below of the columns and statuses - the first is up to Dev QA

Screenshot_1.jpg

Note how there are numerous stacked statuses in the Resolved column.

Then the next board for UAT and Live testing

Screenshot_2.jpg

Note the stacked statuses here in the In Dev / Test column

1 vote
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi @Crystal Lemming ,

You could equally have a board that only displays some of the available statuses, to show a more consice overall view of the work as it goes through the workflow 🤓

- Alex 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events