It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL to find multiple project items

Hi all,

Here is the problem: Local scrum team are using epics and stories to define their work (no surprises here). To sort all these epics, a higher level was defined, we call it "deliverable". Hence in a "deliverable", there might be several epics containing several stories.

Most of the time deliverables contain epic of the same project but sometime not. I'd like to track this kind of cross project deliverable through a JIRA query. Do you think it's possible or writting a script is necessary?

thank you for the feedback ^^!

Romain

1 answer

We use JIRA 7.12 server version.

Epics are the highest grouping possible within JIRA Core/Software.

If you need to group Epics, you would need JIRA Portfolio which provides two additional, higher levels (i.e. Initiative and Theme).

See, for example: Link

Hi Troy,

That's what i have. I have Portfolio and created "deliverables" items which can contain epics from different project. My question is then, how can i find deliverables where there is epic from different project through a JQL query (specific case that i want to highlight)?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Agile

Webinar: Dean Leffingwell and Steve Elliot present on SAFe 5.0, come ask Dean and Steve questions!

...steemed Steve Elliot (head of product for Jira Align). Agenda: What’s new or changed in SAFe 5.0: Introduction of OKRs Essential SAFe How to achieve true business a...

135 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you