Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues created with the "Add a child" issue in next-gen projects don't appear in "TO DO" column

Steven Ranney March 11, 2019

I'm using a `next-gen` agile board to track issue and tasks. I have four "epics" defined. When I am viewing the board and create a new task with `+` in any column and add that task to the epic, no problem. However, when I view an Epic from the "Roadmap" page and use the `Add a child issue` to create a new task assigned to that epic, the task does not appear in the `TO DO` column even though the "epic" view says it's there. 

I have increased the number of issues that can be shown in the `TO DO` column thinking that it was dropping tasks created as above off the list, but this did not resolve the issue. 

What am I missing?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2019

Hello @Steven Ranney . I tested what you said, and it's true. I added an issue using"+" directly on the board and linked it to the epic. 

But if I wanted to add from the Roadmap, the task is automatically saved in "Backlog" even if the status is "TO DO"...

Maybe this will be solved, for now, you should add tasks with epics directly on the board, or if you want to add them from the Roadmap, the only thing you can do to move them faster from backlog to the board is to filter the issues by epic .. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events