It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How frequently should a staging instance be refreshed?

Hi everyone. 

I would like to get your opinion on what would be a good length after which an Jira or Confluence staging instance would be needed to be refreshed? I would understand that factors like size of the instance and the amount of changes may affect this. Let me know what do you'll keep in mind when doing this and how would you approach this issue. 

2 answers

0 votes

At a minimum this should be before any upgrade so your upgrade testing on Staging is as similar to Production as possible.

Otherwise it depends on whether any configuration is allowed to skip the Staging environment and go straight to Prod (common with set up of templates or adding/editing location lists).

0 votes

مرحبا بكل الأصدقاء 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Agile

The psychology of agile teams: what we learned

Last week Megan Cook, Head of Jira Software and Mahreen Khan, PhD, Organizational Psychology hosted an “ask me anything” session focused on the psychology of agile teams. We received 22 questions, 16...

365 views 1 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you