It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Enabling the Feature Issue option for the workflow

I am looking to enable the option to create a feature issue, The feature option does not appear in my issue type list. Below is what I am looking to create below:

Portfolio 

Epic

Feature 

Stories

Task 

Sub-task 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @IAskc_Aasim

You can add a Feature issue type. To do this you'll need to be a Jira Admin / Site Admin and then:

1. Go to Jira Settings > Issues > Issue Types
  2. Press "Add Issue Type" and create the new ones you need
  3. Once created, go to Issue Type Schemes
  4. Locate the scheme for your project and press "Edit"
  5. Move your newly create issue types from "Available Issue Types" to "Issue Types for Current Scheme"

^ If you're looking for all projects to have the same set of available issue types, I'd suggest creating a new Issue Type Scheme instead and then associating it to all projects.

Note: This will only create new issue types - it won't create a hierarchy of issue types if this is what you're looking for above. If you are:

• You'll need an app to add extra layers to the basic hierarchy, such as Jira Portfolio or Stucture
  • You would need to decide if Epics must be above Features. You can (sort of) achieve this using Structure, or on Jira Server you could change the name of Epics to be Features via the database or using an app such as SAFe Translator.
  • I would advise though to instead place Features above Epics - or have a secondary Epic type (eg. Portfolio Epic > Feature > Epic > Story) as Epics have multiple benefits (panel on boards, reports, etc).

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Agile

Where is my version 1.23 deployed? or How to manage multiple versions across multiple environments?

Introduction In this article we describe the complexity of managing release cycles of complex IT solutions that comprise of a number of Apps, Service and/or Microservices. In particular, we will tou...

488 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you