Highlighted

What is Scrum? A good, bad, and ugly answer. Edited

Max Rehkopf Atlassian Team Jan 15, 2019

In a world of dark-scrum, faux-scrum, and scrum-butt, the question still remains: What is scrum and how do you do it “right?” That’s the question we set out to answer.

I'm Max, I've been teaching companies large and small about agile and lean for the last 3 years. Since most scrum implementation differs from the official Scrum Guide, I started looking for Atlassian teams that emulate the scrum values and asked them to share their process. I recently released a series of videos teaching the Scrum basics, rooted in how we do scrum at Atlassian.

The good: Scrum is built on solid principles that help teams to do right by their customers and build a culture of continuous improvement

The bad: Scrum also has strict rules that many seem to follow blindly. These rules lead some teams to adopt a system that may not work best for their environment.

The ugly: Scrum has a lot of baggage and this legacy complicates things. 

Hopefully our video series shines a light for teams hoping to navigating the complex world of scrum. Let us know how we did: 

If you take a linking to the content, make sure to check out the Agile Corner where you can find and interactive contest open to all. Enjoy!

So, what is scrum to you, the good, the bad and the ugly?

Tweet: The good, the bad and the ugly: What is scrum to you? https://ctt.ac/bdN8c+ #YourAgileCoach

0 comments

Comment

Community showcase
Posted Jan 23, 2019 in Agile

Introducing Rocket Chats: A monthly feature demo and live Q&A - February 6th

Hello Community,  Ever wonder how Jira decides which features to ship when? Have a burning Jira question that you want answered directly by the makers of Jira? Looking for the ...

1,893 views 14 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you