Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasting Hybrid Agile Projects

Kyriakos Tsourapas October 12, 2023

Atlassian add-ons, JIRA Roadmas and so on... great tools BUT they all assume you know the effort of the whole project ahead, or that the project is totally agile, meaning you just need to plan your next release.

What if you use Agile in a hybrid manner, i.e. for project with specific requirements and an actual deadline?

All these tools will not help you forecast when the project will finish.

After struggling with this, I decided I needed to find an easy and practical way to tackle this challenge and I have managed to do so using a combination of the JIRA Cloud Plugin for spreadsheets and Excel/Google Sheets.
The required data are imported to the spreadsheet with the click of a button and the spreadsheet gives you instantly the status of your project.

It does a lot more, but the basic point is that it takes into account the deviation of the team's estimates vs the initial offer's estimates and the velocity of the team, providing an accurate forecast of the project's finish date.

This is how the summary of the spreadsheet is presented.

Screenshot 10-12-2023 16.39.50.png

I have wrapped everything into an Udemy course.

For the next 48 hours, or until the first 100 people claim it, I am giving it away 🎁 !!!
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!

https://www.udemy.com/course/forecast-hybrid-agile-projects/?couponCode=243B08B7EC98CB69DD9D

This step-by-step guide is perfect for having a continuous, accurate prediction of your project's outcome. Take advantage of this offer now and enhance your project management skills!

I am only asking to leave a review once you complete the course.

Thank you for reading!

Best wishes,
Kyriakos

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events