Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Completed Issues Days not saving

larry joseph October 9, 2020

In the Improved Interface we are trying to get it to show some completed issues. I found on the Configuration > Issue Sources screen a field that it lets you choose how long any completed issue will show on the plan. Problem is it doesn't retain my changes to the value. It seems set at 30 days and you can click the up/down arrow in the field to change it, but if you leave the screen and come back, it's reset back to 30.  Is this a bug, permission issue, Admin issue, user error....?

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/issue-sources-967895168.html

See attached screen shot

Completed Issues Bug2.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2020

Hi @larry 

This does sound strange. When you change the value in the textfield from 30 days, make sure you click outside the textfield before leaving the page. Otherwise it might not be updating this change.

Cheers

Mark

larry joseph October 12, 2020

Thanks for suggestion.  I got it to work, but not by clicking off.  I found that if I use up/down arrows to change value I have to click into the field before the change is recognized.  I also had some odd behavior previously trying to click into and type the value.  So there is something odd about how the field works (wonder if browser issue?), but I got it to take the new values.  Thanks.

Like Mark Davies likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

@larry joseph - Glad it worked for you.  Try it by entering the value without using the up/down arrows, then simply click on "back to plan".  The changed value should also be retained as I described in my previous answer.

The odd part is that in our env, we don't see the up/down arrow.  BTW we are using Chrome to access Jira/AR.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2020

@larry joseph - We are using Jira DC 8.9.1 with AR 3.29.1 (On Prems).  In our env, we don't have the up/down arrows to change the days.  We enter the value to adjust the default 30 days setup.  All we have to do is to go back to the plan "Back to Plan" and the value is saved.

The only time where change will revert back to the default setting if we set it to 0 day.  

You may have to submit a formal support request with Atlassian Support Team as there may be a bug in the AR Cloud version.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSD Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events