Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use drag and drop to show dependencies as a link for Jira Roadmaps plan?

Tanvir Hossain July 14, 2022

Hi,

For JIRA Roadmaps plan in DataCenter version, how can I use 'drag and drop' to enable/show dependencies as a link between issues? Please refer to the attached snippet. If not 'drag and drop', is there any other way to show the link/line (or the curved line that you see in the snippet) for dependencies between issues?jira link.JPG

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Tanvir Hossain and welcome to the Community!

The data center version does not have this slick visualisation. Your screenshot is from the standard roadmap in cloud, but this does not exist in the on prem version. Dependencies on the roadmap in Data Center are shown as badges, as you can see in this example:

For a more graphical representation - although still not as fancy - you could look at the dependencies report 

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Emma Ysebaert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Tanvir Hossain ,

As mentioned above, this feature is currently only available in our Cloud version of Advanced Roadmaps. There is some interest in having this added to the Data Center version - I'd suggest adding your vote to this existing feature request to show your interest:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-4359

KInd regards,

Emma

Tanvir Hossain July 15, 2022

Thanks, @Emma Ysebaert  I Just Voted! But looks like the user story that you linked to me is a newly created user story. and there are only 2 votes. I am surprised to see that no one showed interest on this matter before!

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

@Tanvir HossainI don't know what would limit that feature in DataCenter but it works in the Cloud version. I'm guessing you need to create a start date/end date or just click in the Gannt chart area to create a timeline bar for the issue you want to link to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events