Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we display the dependency "connector lines" in Gantt without using the dependency report?

Steve Josue July 14, 2022

In the old version of Roadmaps, they had some very nice "Dependency" connector lines in the Gannt chart. Now there is a small icon (number "1") that you must click on to see the dependency, or run the dependency report. Is there a way in new Advanced Roadmaps to show those nice looking connectors in the Gantt Chart? I thought that was a nice feature and would like to use it again.

Thanks,

-Steve Josue

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Steve Josue

The dependency lines on the Gannt chart are a feature only available in the Cloud version of Jira. I can see that you've tagged this post server so I assume you're using an on-premises version of Jira? If so, these lines won't display in your plan unfortunately.

There is a public feature request open which I'd suggest adding a vote on to show support for this feature in the on-premises versions of Jira. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-4359

Cheers,

Daniel

Steve Josue July 15, 2022

Hi Daniel - We are on server, but where we are testing this on DataCenter 8.20.6 as we are planning our migration. I failed to log this environment properly as I was in a rush to get this out there to the community. Is DataCenter in the same situation with these connector lines as Server?

Thanks!

-Steve

Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2022

Hey Steve - no problem at all! Unfortunately Jira Cloud is the only version of Jira which supports these connector lines. Both Server and DC are in the same situation not having them.

If the feature request ticket I've linked is picked up some time in the future it would be implemented for DC, but I can't make an assurances at this stage that it will be looked at in the short term.

Sorry I can't provide any better news at this stage!

Cheers,

Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events