cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color by Project

Savitha Gurumoorthy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 25, 2020

Hello, We have selected Color by Project in View settings for the roadmap. However, all bars are Grey except for one project. Any idea how to fix this ?

I was under the impression each project bar would have a different color.

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2020

@Savitha Gurumoorthy - We are facing the same issue.  Our AR version (on-prem) is at 3.29.1 where Color by project is now giving us with different colors per project issues as Atlassian documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/coloring-issues-on-your-timeline-968677318.html

@altassian - Any advise?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2020

@Savitha Gurumoorthy , @Joseph Chung Yin - I've been experimenting with this on both my Server and Cloud platforms and I've not been able to reproduce what you're describing.

In both cases I'm seeing different colours assigned for each project. Is there some subtlety in the problem that I'm missing?

Perhaps you can include some screenshots so I can understand what is happening please?

Regards,

Dave

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2020

@Dave - At Viasat, we are on Jira DC version 8.9.1 and AR version 3.29.1.  Here is a simple Demo plan where it is bring in issues from two different projects.

Our view setting -

Demo View Settings.png

Demo plan views - there are two projects (JOSSCRUM and JOSBASIC).  Their issues are not showing with different colors as described in AR documentation.

Demo plan view.png

Looking forward to your assistance.

CC- @Savitha Gurumoorthy 

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Savitha Gurumoorthy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2020

@dave  Here is a screen shot. This shows 3 projects. We have about 10 projects in the plan. All bars are grey except for 1 project. We are on Advance roadmaps v3.29.0 datacenterScreenshot 2020-09-28 104648.png

CC- @Joseph Chung Yin 

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

@Savitha Gurumoorthy , @Joseph Chung Yin - thanks for sharing those screenshots. I think that those appear to be bugs so I'm confused as to why I can't reproduce that problem. I would recommend that you both contact your support representatives to investigate this issue. It's not something that we can really dig into in the community channel.

I'm seeing projects given individual colors:

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 5.30.22 pm.png

Regard,
Dave

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2020

@Savitha Gurumoorthy - Just got answer from Atlassian support team.  It apparently there is an exisitng bug when you try to apply project coloring against existing plans.  It works perfectly if you create new plans.  I would

"For the color coding not currently working, this is a new bug that affects existing Plans, but not new ones:

JPOSERVER-2857 - All bars are grey when selecting Color by project in view settings"

@Dav - Thanks for your suggestion.

Best, Joseph

Like # people like this
Patrick Savelberg August 15, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin Thanks recreating the plan did do the trick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events