Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does Portfolio store field descriptions?

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Does anybody know where in the database that Portfolio (Roadmaps) stores the field description text?

We are trying to alter the descriptions for a number of fields, including the Portfolio fields Parent Link, Target Start & Target End.  However, the updated description text does not display correctly in the same way other fields do, and it is still pulling in some default text from somewhere. 

Capture.PNG

I have updated the text in the Custom Field description AND in the Field Configuration, but it's still getting text from somewhere else.  As you can see in the screenshot, my text is appearing as the raw HTML, and the text above is coming from somewhere I can't seem to find!

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Ashley Honeycutt January 4, 2024

Hi @Pete Singleton

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? We are experiencing the same issue. I tried unlocking the field and updating the description but the HTML still pops up on the create screens.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

My understanding is that it's taking it from a properties file in the installation.

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2020

Thanks Nic, any idea where?  I've had a good grep and can't find it!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events