Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View a single User's capacity from multiple projects

Shaun Rampersad July 14, 2020

Hi

We have many projects within Jira, and we are now using plans to better manage work allocations. 

One great feature is a shared team. I can then add that shared team to multiple plans and decide on how many hours each member has for a certain project. 

What is missing is the ability to have a team view/report to show each members time allocation for different projects and their overall capacity utilisation. We can view a report per plan, but not a report for a shared team.= that spans multiple plans. 

E.g

User A: Plan A - 5hrs, Plan B - 20hrs. Remaining capacity of 15hrs available for another project or for adding more capacity to Plan A or B

In our case, we have to remember that User A has times allocated across plans and we may over load the user with work, thereby defeating the purpose of planning. 

Maybe there is another way to share resources across projects, but I'm not sure of it. 

FYI, my team is a shared Infra team, hence being assigned to many projects/plans. We are also admins on Jira so we're not restricted by permissions.

Thanks

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events