Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap filter on components with none selected or Project has none set and criteria is OR not AND

Linda Chang April 27, 2022

I'm using Advance Roadmap Plan to showcase all the projects done in the Org, which span through multiple Jira Projects.    I will create multiple view using the filters for the different teams.

I would like to use the components  and labels fields.

With Components I have these 2 issues:

1) How to select tickets in a Jira Project that don't have any components defined in the Jira Project.  Default, I would like to pick up all tickets in the Jira Project, but now it show none of the tickets in that Jira Project.

2) If the Jira Project has entries in the Components field, I want to select those have no components selected.  Right now can't get that.

With Labels in filters:  In the filter, one can select diff criteria for the the diff fields possible in the filter.  Right now the logical is AND.  I would like the logic to be OR instead.  So, for all tickets under the selected Jira Projects OR the label contains "xyz"

Is that possible?

Though my company instance is Server/Data Center, this would apply to Cloud

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

Hi @Linda Chang

With jql advanced searches you can have or statements.link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-939938733.html

I hope this helps

Linda Chang May 5, 2022

I've familiar with jql adv query as that is how I got the plan up with 1 filter with such query.  I was looking at creating diff views for diff sub-teams after that in Advance Roadmap filtering on the fields only.  with Fabian answer, I checked out the filter for input source and realized I can reorg and have multiple sources (filters) and for those complex query views/sub-teams I would filter on the source.

Tyvm Fabian and Joseph

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

@Linda Chang -

Hi Linda:

In addition to what @Fabian Lim mentioned.  Because you mentioned the usage of component/labels in your plan's filters.  You should be aware of the following bug which is fixed in Jira DC/Server version 8.22 - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-2957 ("Filtering on a component / label when the plan is grouped by component / label, does not display the expected issues").

Don't know if you already know about this bug or not.  If not, hope this helps you when you try to create different plan's views where you use component/labels filtering when grouped by those fields.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events