Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap feature on Portfolio

Antony Rouhban August 21, 2019

Hello,

I am quite confused concerning the roadmap feature on portfolio.

My portfolio looks like this : https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/portfolio/agile-roadmap-planning?_ga=2.74869394.1440347270.1566408183-1214278806.1566408183

By following a link on a youtube video (https://youtu.be/8Nm9a-vZ_gs?t=30) I found this page : https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/portfolio/enterprise?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=video&utm_campaign=server_fy19_q4_server_portfolio-for-jira_portfolio-3-ga_awareness_product-tour-page_na_na_1

Is the video showing an upcoming UI ? I could not find anyway to configure it.

Having a "Gantt-like" chart next to the issues seems much more user friendly to me.

Thanks for your insight.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hi Anthony,

The Layout you are looking at is the improved planning interface in Portfolio for Jira Server (version 3.0 and later).  This version is currently only avaliable on the Jira Server and DataCenter Platform, and details on what is planned for Jira cloud can be seen in the Article:

Portfolio for Jira Cloud

Will the capabilities of Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 be available in Cloud?

Portfolio for Jira Cloud continues to be an important planning solution for Jira Software Cloud customers using the Classic project template. Portfolio for Jira Cloud won’t be going anywhere any time soon, although no major product enhancements are planned at this time.

At US Summit 2019, we announced a new planning solution for customers on Jira Software Cloud's next-gen templates (aka 'the new Jira'). These new planning features are all natively built into Jira Software Cloud and include: roadmaps with hierarchy, the ability to forecast timelines for epics, dependency mapping, and capacity management functionality. All of these new features will be bundled into our new Jira Software Premium offering.

We recommend Portfolio for Jira Cloud for customers on our Classic templates and Jira Premium for customers on next-gen templates.

Jira Premium is currently available for early access. Customers can sign up or learn more at atlassian.com/premium.

Regards,
Earl

Antony Rouhban August 28, 2019

Thank you Earl !

Antony

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2019

Hi Anthony,

I was just in contact with Our Portfolio PM's and we updated that article I linked you previously and removed the above comment just now and updated the messaging with for Cloud and Portfolio to the following, simply noting the current difference in the platform:

Portfolio for Jira Cloud

What's the difference between Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 and Portfolio for Jira Cloud?

Currently, Portfolio for Jira Cloud is roughly on par with the Portfolio for Jira 2.x experience with a few minor exceptions.

We understand there’s an interest in 3.0-like functionality in Cloud and we are exploring avenues to bring in similar functionality.  We’ve heard your feedback that the functionality in Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 (cross-project planning, roadmapping, etc) and a simpler Portfolio UI is very important to many teams and we’re looking at ways we can address that for the Jira Software Cloud population.

So changes are on the horizon here but we are still a ways out on any changes.  We do not have more than that avaliable at this time but we’re happy to share more about how our product line is evolving. For the latest on our Server and Cloud journey, check out this Summit Keynote from Europe Summit 2018

And for the future updates on Jira Cloud as release details become avaliable for upcoming features, we share our public roadmap. And we have another roadmap specifically for enterprise features that work across Atlassian products at the following links,  Once we start looking further into this the details will be added to these roadmaps:

Regards,
Earl

Antony Rouhban September 4, 2019

Thorough update ! Thank you Earl.
I'll check the roadmaps from time to time, can't wait to have the feature in Jira Cloud !

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events