Problem with theme allocation in Portfolio

Matt O'Toole June 20, 2017

We're using the latest version of Portfolio with JIRA and I've run the wizard and imported the Epics and Stories from our JIRA instance, but I can't allocate themes now to stories and/or Epics in Portfolio and there doesn't appear to be any way of doing this in JIRA itself.

I've got the Scope view open in Portfolio, but the column under Theme is not clickable, so dropdown of the themes I have set up is visible. As you can see from the screenshot, the area gets a blue border but no dropdown.Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 16.45.43.png

2 answers

0 votes
Matt O'Toole June 21, 2017

Thanks for your reply, but I already had themes setup, as you can see from this screenshot. It worked in the Classic version, so I'm not sure why it's not working now. Bug maybe?

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 09.11.59.png

Deleted user June 21, 2017

Hmm, actually try going into Scope view and click the gear icon in the vertical middle of page on the right side, it will display a list of columns you can add.  Look for one named Themes and click it.  If it's not there, can you add a screenshot of what you have in that list?

PortfolioDropdown.png

Epic/Theme, which you have in your first screenshot, is a completely different column.

Thanks. Just tested it and it works now. Not sure what the Epic/Theme column is there for then! :)

Deleted user June 21, 2017

More than likely it's a custom field that was added to the plan.  If you go into the plan configuration, via the three dot button next to the plan name and selecting Configure, then clicking Custom fields on the left side you'll see that there along with a few others according to your first screenshot.

Ah, yes. Found it. Thanks again.

0 votes
Deleted user June 20, 2017

Click on the Reports view to the right of Scope.  The default should be the Themes report, but if not, click Switch Report and select Themes from that dropdown.  You can add the Themes you want here, then they will be available in the Scope view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events