Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio for Jira 3.0 custom field not populating name correctly

Tracey_Mora June 10, 2019

As you can see from the snapshot below, the name of the custom field shows up as a string and not the name the type indicates.

Custom.PNG

It should appear like the snapshot below but I don't know how to fix it since they are locked fields:

Custom2.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2019

Hi Tracey,

I understand that you have Portfolio 3.0 installed and for some reason your Jira site is displaying these Portfolio field names in the much longer format as opposed to the expected shortened form.

I tried to recreate this in my own test instance of Jira.  I used a 8.1.0 version or Jira and installed the 3.0.0 version of this plugin.  However in my test instance it did not seem to name these fields in the same way as yours did.   I think that this might be possible if something in the plugin itself might not have started up as expected when Jira loaded this plugin.   I also have not found any other reports of this problem so far.

I am interested to learn more about this problem.  Does this this field name difference impact you in some negative way?   Is it preventing using some aspect of Portfolio here?

I would be curious if perhaps restarting Jira can correct this problem.   If you try that and this does not help, then please let me know.  We might want to investigate this further by taking a closer look at the Jira startup logs.  These might be able to give us clues as to other means to troubleshoot this oddity.

Andy

Tracey_Mora June 12, 2019

We can try to restart Jira tonight once everyone's off the instance. The impact boils down to having a field name that one might not understand when creating editing or viewing an issue, as well as overlap that impairs the view:

Custom.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events