Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice to have: Shortcut (Copy button) to Copy Description and acceptance criteria from a user story

Dhaval Bhatt May 16, 2023

As a QA person Description and Acceptance criteria of a user story is most important documentation for me. While creating test cases of test scenarios I often need them and for that It would be a good add-on feature to provide a copy button beside description and acceptance criteria so that in one click user can copy entire information. (Something like shown as below) 

Jira suggestion to have copy button.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Dhaval Bhatt -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You seem to describe copying 2 different fields at once, which is not a built-in Jira feature.

Where do you want to "paste" these fields into?  If it is to another Jira issue, what you could do is create an manually triggered automation rule which creates a new issue and copies over the fields you want.

Kind regards,
Bill

Dhaval Bhatt May 18, 2023

Hi, This is not regarding only copying to another Jira issue but it is generic. I would like if I get copy button beside description field which will copy all the text from that field. Something like as shown below. This will perform action in one click. 

Jira suggestion to have copy button.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2023

If you do not plan to copy the text to somewhere else, why would you copy it?  And so, why add a specific control for a specific field to copy the information and not use it?

The scenario you describe seems quite specific to handle an existing, generic, built-in behavior/feature of browsers and operating systems (i.e., copying text from anywhere on a page).

Perhaps if you explain the problem you are trying to solve, the community might offer suggestions.  For example, are you trying to copy that text from the description field, under certain conditions, to somewhere else?  If so, it is possible automation rules could help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events