Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira advance roadmap end of unimproved interface ?

GUARDIA Patrice July 12, 2021

I would like to know if you have planned to stop in later versions of Jira advance roadmap, the unimproved interface ?

Indeed, in my daily work if only uses the old interface because the improved one is less ergonomic and much too heavy in terms of load time for optimal use.
Thank you in advance for your reply

2 answers

0 votes
Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hi @GUARDIA Patrice

I'm Eddie, the Content Designer for Advanced Roadmaps. As of July 31st, the old Live Plans interface will be disabled on all cloud instances. If you're using a server version of Advanced Roadmaps (which is bundled with Jira Data Center), Live plans will be retired with the release of Jira 9.0; the date for that isn't yet known.

We've put a lot of work into getting the Improved interface up to speed in terms of usability, as well as features that people earmarked as blockers to migrating. I encourage you to give it another go!

If you have further questions, let me know. 

Cheers,

Eddie 

Bernhard H_ July 20, 2021

Hi Eddie,

is there any feature roadmap available for the improved interface? We are also loosing our brilliant planning tool as soons as you retire Live plans. Maybe there is some hope for us.

Cheers,

Bernhard

Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2021

Hi Bernhard, 

As far as announcements go, there are two main places to check: 

1. What’s new in Jira Software Cloud has some new features listed. This tends to be higher-level features.
  2. Atlassian Cloud release notes are published every week. These are more focused on individual feature flags in ARJ-Cloud, so this would be new menus, new settings, enhancements on existing features, etc.

Is there a specific feature you have in mind? If you haven't already, I'd recommend adding your input via our Feature Request Portal. If you find the feature that you want already listed, voting for it there will signal to our dev teams that it's more in demand. 

Cheers

Bernhard H_ July 27, 2021

Hi Eddie,

thanks for your response! I am especially looking for enhancements related to the team capacity management. With the introduction of the new interface the modulation of the team capacity, e.g. considering vacation times, was removed. I saw in one of your promotion videos that Atlassian is planning to improve the capacity planning. It would be great to learn what is planned in the future here.

The second issue, the deletion of the "Earliest Start Date" feature, is according to my knowledge, still not considered for implementation.

Cheers

Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2021

Ah, Individual capacity. That old chestnut.

So as a general rule, we tend to avoid announcing any future features until we have a rollout date set. It just saves us from having to backtrack if we're not going to make our deadline, and helps us moderate expectations. 

That said, I will say that individual capacity planning is an overwhelmingly requested feature, and we are in the process of developing a solution to it. I can't get more concrete than that, unfortunately.

I'm not sure exactly when to expect it, but I'm certain there will be an announcement in the form of a community post here from one of our Product Marketing people.

Bernhard H_ July 29, 2021

I fully understand the point regarding your general rule. ;-)

I derive from your statement that there will be a solution for it and as you are already in progress to develop a solution I assume the solution won't come that far in the future.

Then I will stay tuned!

Many thanks for sharing this information and stay safe!

Best regards,

Bernhard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events