Is it possible to use the same Hierarchy that used in Structure in Plans?

Itay Smira September 15, 2020

Hi, I'm seeking your guidance. I'm trying to build a plan using the Plan app that will show in the same hierarchy that we have on our Structure board. The logic that we use in our Structure: Initiatives are defined by an Epic/Story/Task/Issue Type. While trying the create a plan from the same project this hierarchy logic doesn’t apply and doesn’t visualize. I would extremely appreciate your guidance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

I just wanted to confirm whether you just want to recreate the hierarchy in Advanced Roadmaps or if you want to synchronise with an existing hierarchy that already exists in Structure. If you're looking to simply recreate the hierarchy then it is possible to add additional hierarchy levels for plans - however, synchronisation with hierarchies from other add-ons is not likely to be possible.

I just thought it was worth clarifying that point!

Regards,
Dave

Itay Smira September 21, 2020

Hi @Dave,

thanks for your feedback. Could you maybe guide me on how to recreate a hierarchy in Plans?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2020

Hi @Itay Smira ,

Rather than trying to write my own summary of the process, I'd recommend that you review this documentation page https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/configuring-hierarchy-levels-998650959.html as it takes you through the whole process in some detail,

Please let me know if anything in that documentation is not clear,

Regards,

Dave

Like user1647473884182 likes this
0 votes
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2020

Hi Itay,

Unfortunately there is no way to do this with the Plan app.  However Structure does have a Gantt extension for creating plans like this using the structure hierarchy.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217809/structure-gantt-planning-at-scale?hosting=server&tab=overview

(Thank you for using Structure).

Nick Ellis

[ALM Works]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events