I want to show the Target Start and Target End Date of the issue in JIRA from the Portfolio

deepak August 9, 2018

Hi,

I want to show the target start and Target end date of the issue on the JIRA ticket from the portfolio, but somehow i am not able to do so by using the custom field inJIRA as suggested in some of the documentation

Can you help me understand how can I do this.

Thanks

Deepak

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Harding August 9, 2018

Hey @deepak! Are you wanting to show these fields on a Jira Screen or in the Scope View within Portfolio?

If the former, you simply need to find the screen/screen scheme associated with that issue type in your project's issue type screen scheme and edit the screen to add those fields to it. They will appear in the right sidebar of your Jira issue view screen in the Dates sub-section.

If you're looking to add these fields in the scope view of P4J, click on the settings cog on the very far right of the field/column header row of the scope view and check these fields. 

Hope this helps!

deepak August 20, 2018

Thanks @Jack Harding for your response. Based on the your suggestion I was able to add the target start and end date to the JIRA screen, but it is not picking up the target dates as mentioned in the portfolio against each activity. 

Does JIRA have the capability to do so? show the target dates as it is, from the portfolio.

Thanks

Deepak

Jack Harding August 20, 2018

Hey @deepak - if the target dates are set in Portfolio for Jira - and not calculated (If the cells in the scope view are white - rather than a light blue background), then they will appear in the dates section of the view issue screen (on the right side panel). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events