It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to stop the auto-assignment of issues to releases

From sprint to sprint, my team works on a variety of cards.  Right now, it's as common for them to be assigned to releases as it is for them to be unassigned to a release.  I want to see all of the cards my teams work on in Portfolio.  However, I do not want Portfolio to automatically assign cards that aren't assigned to a release.

I am new to using Portfolio, so I'm hoping there's a way to accomplish what I'm looking for but I just haven't found it yet.  If anyone knows of a way to prevent Portfolio from automatically assigning issues to releases, I would love to hear it.

1 answer

I am still quite new to Portfolio as well, but one way that I found is to remove the Story Points from the ticket. Then Portfolio won't know how to schedule it and it won't be assigned to a release.

Thanks, Phillip - I'll give that a shot! 

THANK YOU PHIL!!  Removing the story points from issues that were automatically assigned to a release reverts that auto-assignment!  Although do I still believe that Portfolio should provide the ability to either: prevent the auto-assignment of issues to releases or remove issues from releases without assigning them to another one, this is a great workaround!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

3,749 views 24 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you