Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the sprint dates in my plan when using view Sprint Capacity Management

André Tiggelaven February 24, 2021

We use 2-week sprints in our teams. Jira Advanced Roadmaps also does. But the start dates of our sprints differ from the dates in de view Sprint Capacity management. How can I change these sprint start date?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

To change the dates, you have to have at least 1 sprint on your board that is an issue source that is associated to the team in Advanced Roadmaps.  From there, the active sprint will then set the dates for the new sprints.  You can add a bunch of other sprints to the board and those dates will also be used first and then advanced roadmaps will fill in the rest bsed on the end day of the last sprint in the issue source.  

Different teams can have different sprints and sprint lengths, begin-end day, if they are associated to different boards that have different sprints in them.

I think I had to keep one sprint active at all times for it to continue to be honored but I could be wrong on that.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Hi @André Tiggelaven ,

Can I just confirm if you're using the older "Live Plans" interface or the newer improved interface (recently rebranded as Advanced Roadmaps). I'm also wondering if you're using Cloud or Server? 

It's worth noting that the Live Plans interface has been deprecated so we're not going to be making any further changes to the interface. The newer interface (on the Roadmap tab) should show the correct sprint dates (either based on dates configured for future sprints or projected by iteration length from the active sprint).

Maybe you can add a screenshot to show the problem as it might help understand it better,

Regards,
Dave

André Tiggelaven March 2, 2021

We had an update of Jira Portfolio. After the update the sprint dates were corrected. I'm confident now,

Like Dave likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events