Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I roll up values in custom fields?

Garth Hume May 11, 2021

I have created new fields (not dates) and need these values to rollup in advanced roadmaps.  There seems to be a predefined list of fields that rollup.  I know you can go through the effort of programmatically calculating these on the issues themselves, but ideally these would rollup real-time in Advanced Roadmaps.  In suggestions welcome.

2 answers

0 votes
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2021

@Garth Hume  I'm a Product Manager on the Jira Software team, I'd love to get a deeper understanding of what you're looking to achieve with these calculations in Jira Software. Could you drop me a message at r swami @ atlassian . com and we can arrange a call to discuss?

Garth Hume May 25, 2021

Awesome, I have mailed you.

NAYANA September 15, 2021

Hello is there a solution to this query. I am looking to roll down or inherit

values of a custom field from its parent to child

Like # people like this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

@NAYANA 

If you want to 'roll down' you can do that via Workflow Post functions (you may need to consult an Admin to get this set up for you) or via automation (Automation for Jira, Scriptrunner etc)

Like NAYANA likes this
Garth Hume September 15, 2021

Thanks for the feedback on the other ways of doing this.  I was hoping they would put this functionality into the tool.

NAYANA September 15, 2021

@Curt Holley thank you! Yes, I was able to explore that option. 

Joe Lagana-Jackson September 29, 2021

I'm also interested in the same.

My use case is that we're asking folks to estimate epics up front for fixed scope projects, and we want to preserve that original estimate in the Plan. So I've created an "epic story point" field for this purpose.

I'd like the epic story points to roll up to the initiative (a collection of epics), without having to use automation or some other workaround.

Looking forward to this feature!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

I think you are right, as in there is only a predefined list of fields that roll-up.

Only way I can think of to do custom fields would be to create a new field that could story whatever rolled up value you want and use Automation for Jira (or the like) to doing the SUM/roll up. 

Garth Hume September 15, 2021

Thanks for the feedback on the other ways of doing this.  I was hoping they would put this functionality into the tool.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events