Have there been any updates in Advanced Roadmaps relative to capacity/resource planning?

Jamie Edmondson April 22, 2022

My organization has been diving into the use of Advanced Roadmaps in recent months, but we are still very 'green' in understanding how some of the particular features work. 

Relative to capacity planning, I understand we can plan and schedule at a team-level, but from the documentation I've read here and the webinars I've seen, there was clear acknowledgement from Atlassian that capacity planning at the individual resource level was not yet available, but it was a feature that would be researched and developed. Now, to be fair, the webinar I am referencing was from 2020 - so it could be that this feature is available and I just don't know how to use it. Regardless - this is a great product and we are learning more and more everyday.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or successes with capacity planning in Jira, please share! Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022

@Jamie Edmondson -

As of right now, I am not aware of AR for Jira got updated with the functionality of capacity planning at the team members level yet.

It is still only providing capacity planning at the Team level.  See documentation - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-capacity-in-advanced-roadmaps/

I would recommend that you can submit a request to Atlassian support (https://support.atlassian.com) to inquire to see where in their roadmap for capacity planning against individual team member..

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Jamie Edmondson April 22, 2022

Ok, thank you validating! I thought that must be the case, but I will probably enter the inquiry anyway.

Thanks for the quick response as well!

-Jamie

2 votes
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Jamie Edmondson 

Currently, Atlassian doesn't support capacity planning at the individual resource level. 

If you consider using a plugin I would suggest ActivityTimeline. ActivityTimeline provides resource planning and availability on a timeline view. You can track tasks progress, workload, and availability for each employee taking into consideration the part-time, full time or holidays. 

ActivityTimeline.png

Workload or availability could be calculated for individuals or teams. Individual work schemes are available as well. 

The additional modules provide numerous reports including timesheets reports. 
If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can provide a demo session for you if needed.
Best, Nataliya, ActivityTimeline Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events