Any feedbacks on the Advanced Roadmap?

Christelle Chris September 9, 2021

Hello eveyone,

If you have implemented the Advanced Roadmap, could you please share your feedbacks?

What are the benefits of using it? Have you encountered any difficulties? 

I look forward to reading your insights.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2021

The biggest benefit is to provide overview above the team levels. I also like the ability to scale up the hierarchy with larger entities above Epic that allow you to connect to type of work, budgets and strategies.

It helps to bring in the managers and business areas into Jira, improving the collaboration that sometimes can have a gap between business and development, for example.

The biggest problem is usually the fact that most organizations do not have a well organized way of working on management and business level when you get above the project level. That means that they need help, just like @Arnd Layer said, so it means that whoever is in charge of Jira and Advanced Roadmaps need to understand that world to make it useful.

Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021

Completely concur.  We have a poorly defined data model due to ignorance and wanting to "go fast" and now it's not well constructed for maximum effectiveness with AR.  We're slowly trying to better define/design our data model in JIRA and in turn hopefully reap more benefits out of AR.

Like Jimi Wikman likes this
0 votes
Arnd Layer September 9, 2021

My experience so far:

Advanced Roadmaps can really create value, if you are using it right. It also has it's limitations. You have to start as soon as possible playing with it and learning how it works. You need to understand how it's meant to work to make it useful. You also have to understand how it expects Jira to be used in order to make it work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events