Advanced Roadmaps support for Themes & Reporting Functionality

Mark Rudmik March 16, 2021

Really missing the ARJ support for themes, that is not supported in the new 3.0 UI. This was a very powerful and useful feature in Portfolio for JIRA, but I prefer not to go back to the old UI to use themes, as described in  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-discussions/Use-Case-Managing-an-OKR-driven-organisation-using-Advanced/td-p/1472417#M304   

I understood from this thread :

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-questions/Are-Themes-available-in-Advanced-Roadmap/qaq-p/1470633

that additional reporting functionality will be added to ARJ in the future that can support themes. Approximately how soon will that be? This would really help in our planning on how we will use ARJ.  Supporting ARJ roll-up reporting to themes is something we really could use soon, and would add greatly to the value of ARJ.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

Hi @Mark Rudmik ,

Thanks for raising this question... I'd love to be able to say that we've made progress on reintroducing a theming like concept into Advanced Roadmaps but unfortunately due to changing priorities that is sadly not the case. 

To reiterate some of the thinking behind the decision, we removed Themes from Portfolio / Advanced Roadmaps because they were only accessible with a plan and we wanted to build tighter integration with Jira (ideally you'd want to be able to see and edit themes directly from an issue details screen. Our working plan is that we would reintroduce similar reporting functionality but based off custom fields (that would be available throughout the rest of Jira) which would unlock other capabilities like JQL searching.

As I say though we've been unable to make progress with this due to where it falls in our priority list and the limited number of developers that we have available. With the success of Portfolio 3.0 on Server we ended up devoting a lot of engineering time bringing it to the Cloud platform and achieving feature parity between the Server and Cloud platforms.

I completely agree that having this style of reporting would be incredibly valuable and I'm equally disappointed that we haven't been able to get to this feature yet. At this stage I'm unable to give you any outlook on when we're likely to start on this or when it will be available. I'm really sorry that I'm not able to give you a more optimistic outlook, but I just wanted to provide as honest an answer as possible and set your expectations realistically. 

Regards,

Dave

Mark Rudmik March 19, 2021

Thanks for the thorough response. I do have a followup question, which I will post here when I get a chance next week. Thanks again.

Like Dave likes this
Niklas Restle March 15, 2023

@Dave is there any update on this? That we cannot group advanced (!) roadmaps by custom fields to introduce Themes/Initiatives into our roadmap is a real bummer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events