WHY IS IT that At this time, Advanced Roadmaps does not support next-gen projects

AOK February 10, 2021

I requested a new Jira project for my team and saw I had a choice between Classic and Next Gen.  I saw in many places that "Roadmaps is not available in Classic" so I thought, yes ok, I want a Next Gen project.  NOW I see that there is "Advanced Roadmaps" which unintuitively is not available in Next Gen.  VERY odd and confusing.

Qu - Will Advanced Roadmaps be available soon with Next Gen projects or do I need to somehow downgrade my current project to Classic?

1 comment

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2021

Hi @AOK ,

So "Roadmaps" is not available in Classic projects.... but "Advanced Roadmaps" is not yet available on Next Gen projects, however it's something we're actively working on to support.

The reason behind this is basically historical.... "Roadmaps" was written specifically for Next Gen (and was subsequently brought to Classic due to customer demand) and "Advanced Roadmaps" (formerly Portfolio 3.0 for Jira Server) was originally written on Server (where there is no Next Gen projects) and brought to Cloud due to customer demand.

I'm not able to commit to when Next Gen support will be available for "Advanced Roadmaps" but I can say that we're working on it. However, depending upon your definition of "soon" you might consider converting your Next Gen projects to Classic Projects.

Regards,

Dave

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Hi @AOK 

To back up what @Dave has said, I'll add another reason why classic projects could be a better option for you.

Classic Projects have Roadmaps these days (feels like they have for a while now)

Simply go to Board Settings/Roadmap and enable via the toggle roadmap.png

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events