About the reporting of the results in Jira, in our team we are using Adaptavist as a Test Management tool and pytest Test Automation Framework.
We have to resolve a major case which is described like this:
1. Pytest Automation Framework is generating results as a .xml file which could be consumed by Jenkins job or Jira somehow.
2. The Test Cases are made, stored and executed in Adaptavist Test Management in Jira.
So, the Results & Reports from the test execution should appears on the same place.
3. The Test Cases from Pytest framework are executed by a Jenkins job
Here are the missing and unknown parts:
1. How to get the the results from the Pytest Test Automation Framework (exported .xml file) and use it for reporting the results in Jira?
2. Is there a plug-in for Pytest about it or for Jira that could get the results as a .xml getting it by the Jenkins job?
3. Where are the settings in Adaptavist for communicating with external sources like Jenkins and consume results?
By now I found like Jenkins Jira plug-ins which could take the .xml file with results and make a nice report with charts and pies in Jenkins and not in Jira as expected.
Also I found Jenkins Integration for Jira, but it will show the reporting only until the level of Tasks and not at the level of the Adaptavist Test Management.
Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events