You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
About the reporting of the results in Jira, in our team we are using Adaptavist as a Test Management tool and pytest Test Automation Framework.
We have to resolve a major case which is described like this:
1. Pytest Automation Framework is generating results as a .xml file which could be consumed by Jenkins job or Jira somehow.
2. The Test Cases are made, stored and executed in Adaptavist Test Management in Jira.
So, the Results & Reports from the test execution should appears on the same place.
3. The Test Cases from Pytest framework are executed by a Jenkins job
Here are the missing and unknown parts:
1. How to get the the results from the Pytest Test Automation Framework (exported .xml file) and use it for reporting the results in Jira?
2. Is there a plug-in for Pytest about it or for Jira that could get the results as a .xml getting it by the Jenkins job?
3. Where are the settings in Adaptavist for communicating with external sources like Jenkins and consume results?
By now I found like Jenkins Jira plug-ins which could take the .xml file with results and make a nice report with charts and pies in Jenkins and not in Jira as expected.
Also I found Jenkins Integration for Jira, but it will show the reporting only until the level of Tasks and not at the level of the Adaptavist Test Management.