Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Confluence, how can we find which pages use a plugin?

Ron Stanonik October 16, 2012

We're trying to determine which pages will be affected by a plugin update.

Is there a search we can run in confluence or a query we can run against the database to find which pages use a macro (in this case, table-plus macro)?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
nriley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2012
3 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2012

Hi Ron,

That's possible by running a database query indeed.

in mysql, you can use this query (If you are using another database, you may need to ask the DBA to tweak a bit the query):

SELECT c.title, s.spacename
FROM content c
INNER JOIN bodycontent b ON b.contentid = c.CONTENTID
INNER JOIN spaces s ON c.spaceid = s.spaceid
WHERE b.body like '%macro_syntax%';

This will show you the space name and page title of the affected page by the macro. Hope that helps :D

Natvar July 20, 2014

I would need the count based on plugin instead of the macro which would help me decide to buy the plugin as the plugin might have n number of macros

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

Also, this DB query can take hours to run on large instances with some databases, due to lack of indexing, and given that some plugins can contribute 10, 20+ macros this can often isn't feasable for anything other than a small instance.

Natvar July 22, 2014

Yes, I understand the performance part. Do you have any SQL query which would achieve the results.

0 votes
Ron Stanonik October 18, 2012

Thanks for the responses.

The "{macro" for 3.5 and "macroName: macro" for 4.X are what our web developers wanted, so they don't need to bug the DBA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events